Backing up to the cloud will allow you to access and restore wirelessly, even on other devices. So, if you lose your data, you will always have it preserved online. The backup size may be bigger, depending upon your usage. It would be best if you had strong internet connectivity to backup all your files into google drive. Once the upload process completes, you can restore the full backup anytime.
- In this guide, we will show you the steps to backup your MediaTek firmware using SP Flash Tool.
- Boot back into TWRP, and tap the “Restore” button on the home screen.
- That led him to Gadget Hacks, where Stephen got to write educational and informative pieces for Android smartphones.
- If you installed a custom ROM and you don’t like it, or it has issues, just download a new ROM and repeat the installation process.
- If TWRP asks if you want to root your phone, choose “Do Not Install”.
NANDroid backups can make your life a breeze as long as you can get through the initial learning curve and prerequisites. Once you do, you only need to focus on saving your downloaded media files elsewhere, such as photos or videos. Regarding which Android devices would typically http://sudcontractors.com/unlocking-the-potential-of-your-xiaomi-ax1800/ get TWRP support, you can expect many Google Pixel, OnePlus, and Exynos variant Samsung Galaxy phones to be on that list. For example, the Pixel 5, OnePlus 9 Pro, and Galaxy S23 Ultra have access to TWRP, thanks to the dedicated developer community. If you own a Mac computer and an Android phone, your options for creating backups or transferring files are more limited.
- Before you begin loading the flashable zip file, you must first install Android Debug Bridge, also known as the Android Debug Bridge.
- For your sake, I have cherry-picked the best custom ROMs for Android above.
- Furthermore, the SP Flash Tool can also be used to flash custom binaries, such as the Magisk-patched boot image for rooting the device.
- You can download any similar app of your choice, but I would always recommend to use this.
- If you ever need to restore from a previous backup, it’s simple.
Therefore, all lines of devices, new and old, are compatible with this latest SP Flash Tool. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. This is how you can flash Firmware using SP Flash Tool. If you face any difficulty during this process, then feel free to comment below. Turn on USB debugging on your MTK Android and connect it via a good USB cable to your PC. MTKDroid Tools will now detect your phone and display its specs.
So you no longer need to go through all the tiring process of reverting to stock recovery, unrooting, and then if you get lucky, you receive the OTA updates. And, I need to upgrade my phone from lollipop to marshmallow.
This type of full firmware backup is known as the Nandroid backup. This way, you can easily backup all your phone’s internal storage data to your pc. As this backup is stored on your computer, you can restore it any time by connecting your device and copy-paste the backup files. If you choose the “Original” option, your files will be uploaded to the original size. You can access these backed up images and videos from any Smartphone, PC, Tablet, you have to log in with your Gmail account, and you are good to go. It’s completely free; you are getting a 15 GB cloud storage quota.